Design Verification Engineer – Embedded Wi-Fi SWD Team
Airties is the most widely deployed provider of Wi-Fi Mesh solutions to internet service providers around the globe. Airties designs and develops software and hardware that enables exceptional Wi-Fi experiences for residential users and small businesses. The comprehensive solution portfolio includes Wi-Fi mesh routers and extenders, mobile apps, cloud-based Wi-Fi analytics and optimization systems and adjacent applications such as cyber security. Airties software is also licensed and integrated in 3rd party hardware products and service provider IT systems.
Location: Antwerp (Wilrijk), Belgium
What you will do:
- You will join the Wi-Fi SW team that works according to Agile methodologies
- You will support the team and perform upfront feasibilities to assess innovations
- You will validate products and SW features on embedded devices (Gateways, routers, extenders, …) mainly related to networking and Wi-Fi Technology (802.11), features which are developed in the context of Airties Technology Roadmap
- This includes creating test plans, writing test cases, manual test execution, automating testcases, developing, executing and follow-up on automated CI setups, documentation
- You will document and report about found issues (via JIRA), and assist to reproduce and find solutions for them
- Support the teams in investigating complex (field) issues
- Cooperate with internal and external multicultural contacts (colleagues, customers and suppliers)
- You will be working in a flexible multi cultural organization with teams in multiple locations (Turkey, Belgium, US, and etc.)
What you should ideally bring:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, ICT, Telecommunications or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in testing SW and/or embedded networking products
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge of telecommunication protocols – IP networking, Internet technologies and Interested in and willing to learn Wi-Fi technology
- Practical Linux and windows knowledge
- Hands on mentality to get the job done using various internal or opensource tools
- Experienced in validating/testing embedded networking products and SW
- Can use scripting languages (eg Python) to automate testcases/test setups
- Can document technical setups and testcases
- Can document issues in JIRA and ability to work in an agile environment
- Can closely cooperate with SW Engineers and Architects
- Knowledge of source control, bug tracking systems (Git, Jira, etc…)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a preference to work in a collaborative environment.
- A high degree of personal organization, motivated and a positive/constructive attitude.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent team player
- Able to adapt to change (flexible)
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Nice to Have
- WIFI 802.11bgn, ac, ax, 6E domain knowledge
Airties has a zero-tolerance to discrimination policy. In this regard, during the course of the evaluation of your job application and during all your employment relation, if any, all discriminatory factors such as race, sex, sexual orientation, social gender definitions/roles, colour, national or social background, ethnicity, religion, age, disablement, political opinion or any status that is protected under law shall be totally disregarded.
*By applying to this job opening, you agree, acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your personal data by Airties either to or from Turkey, as the case may be; in particular to its affiliated companies.
*By applying to this job opening, you agree, acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your personal data by Airties to its headquarters established in France.
Sr. Software Engineer in Test Automation – Tools & Automation Team
Field Application Engineer (US)
Software Engineer- WiFi Software Delivery